
Japan ~ Day 1, 11 May
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Wow! There are too many photos! I will have to update day by day! Haha!
Just now during lunchtime, Dan and I were refreshing... on how we started our journey that night. I stayed over at Dan's place so four can share a cab to the airport in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep, had been very excited and kept talking to Dan. Haha!
We reached airport around 4 plus.

Happily showing our passports!


This Cindi ah..... Can't wait to sleep..... ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZz
After 7 hours of flight, we finally reached Narita Airport - Japan safely. Haha! We took JR Line train for another 1 hr plus before we reached our hostel - Khao San Ninja which is located at Asakusabashi (Hmm... I miss the rap! Haha!).


Our first poloraid photos on the train. Niceeeee..........
I will never forget the many stairs we climbed in Japan. Now I know why Japanese are slim and healthy. Singaporeans are quite pampered.


I enjoyed staying at the hostel. Most of the staff can speak good English and friendly. Most importantly, the hostel is clean. Bread toast and jams are provided free for breakfast. There is a common room where you can cook, play games and watch tv. One thing is you are not allowed to make too much noise. Hee!
After we moved our luggages to our room, we went out immediately before the shops in Ueno closed. Shops in Japan close early, around 8 plus to 9.
Ichiran Ramen ~ Dan's favourite!
I'm not a very "ramen" person... I prefer dry noodles. Haha! But this ramen is must-try! I'm serious. The soup base is tasty. How much? I think is 890 yen including the yummy egg. Order using this vending machine, collect the tickets, get a seat, fill up a form stating your requirements and submit form & ticket to the staff.




Now we got strength to walk and shop! Haha! I think Ueno is famous for seaweed and dried goods. But most of the shops are closing already.



We went back to hotel at around 8 plus and we were hungry again! Or I think we just don't want to sleep so early. Haha, went out in pyjamas and jackets to the 24hr convenience store. By the time, the streets are very quiet. Along the way, we saw construction workers... laughing at us.


Juli: Yummm Yummmm
Cin & Lin: *saliva dripping*

See! They have to beg for food on the streets. COS I FINISHED EVERYTHING UP! Haha!
Day 1 was a short day... We only got less than half a day. My most enjoyable days are Day 2 and 3 @ Hakone. Just stay tune for more! Cya!
Labels: Holidays

INTRO
Another blog of mine: JanXIX
TRAVEL
Batam (23-25 Sep 06)
Taiwan (7-14 Apr 07)
Bangkok (9-12 Nov 07)
Batam (14-15 Jun 08)
Kukup (21 Sep 08)
Japan (11 - 17 May 09)
ARCHIVES
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
DESSERTS
aunty yochana
dessert magazine
indulgence after work-out
BLOGGIES
alex
crysta
crysta*cook
dan
dan_photos
dainty alley
gin*adriel*avriel
gie*jo*belle
janxix
joawen
kenneth
kityeen
samantha
thomas
