
Batam ~ 14 - 15 Jun 08
Monday, June 23, 2008
I visited Batam on one of weekends and my first trip with Clara and Joline. It's my second time there... first time was about two years ago. Two totally experiences... but both were equally fun! That time was shopping and water sports, staying at resort. This time was visiting some well-known places in Batam, shopping in 2 hrs only and staying in hotel.
Day 1
It was only a 2-day short trip, just nice to relax. We arrived very earlier at Harbourfront to grab breakfast and prepared to checkin. Got the boarding pass but realised the destination written on the pass and the receipt from the agent was completely different. We were quite fortunate to meet the ferry manager and verified that a tour bus will be waiting for us at Batam Centre.

Our first station was "Authentic Baker's Centre" where they specially make and sell kueh lapis with many different flavours. We bought the prune lapis @ S$29 - Clara got one box whereas Jo and I shared.
The making of lapis

Jo and Clara queuing to pay...
Next was Maha Vihara Duta Majtreya Laughing Buddha Temple - the biggest Buddhist temple in Southeast Asia.
Guan Di ~ Laughing Buddha ~ Guan Yin
It's LUNCH TIME!! Lunch was served at Golden Prawn 933 Seafood Restaurant. Guess most Batam trips, lunch is usually arranged to serve at this particular restaurant. Sad that I could not take photos of the dishes cos we shared table with another group of family. Well, nothing fantastic also.
Surroundings of the restaurant

Invited to watch the performances after the lunch

Finally it's SHOPPING TIME! The guide brought us to Bengkong Dry Food Stuff Market where I bought my crackers for family and office. These goodies also do not considered cheap, just about 5 packets cost me S$17 plus. Thereafter, it's the Polo Shop. I bought two polo tees for Baby which fit him so well and one for me which does not fit me at all. -_- Glad I still have two sisters. Haha! Matahari is the shopping centre where we were left there to shop for 2 hours. Surprisingly, I did not buy anything. Comparing to the last trip there, it was such a big difference. Last time, I bought so many things, ranging from food (maggi mee, coffee mix, chilli sauce) to daily necessities like shower cream (so big bottles somemore) as if Singapore doesn't have them. Haha!
After tour, we were sent to our hotel - Harmoni Hotel. I'm satisfied with the choice - very high class lobby, friendly and helpful staff but communication got a little bit of problems. Haha!


We went for gym first before our dinner. We did not have many choices for dinner. The hotel has Japanese and Korean Restaurants. There are KFC and Mac at the right and left of the hotel. We had BOTH!!! :P Went to KFC for meal and desserts from Mac. Fast food is really cheap there. I slept early that night, just feeling really tired after exercise.
Day 2
Morning breakfast is the BEST! I ate alot! Hehe!

Of cos, these are NOT just I had. I had definitely more than all these. Haha!
We got to check out at noon. So soon after breakfast, back to the room... did the final packing and washing up, we left the room before noon. Waited at the lobby for more than an hour for the transport to send us to terminal, no one came. Started to feel strange that we approached the hotel staff for help to make calls to the agent. Then we realised all along the man was waiting for us and we were sitting at the other side waiting for him. -_- He should have shouted our names if not, how would we know he was already arrived. Sighz...
It was quite a relaxing trip. Next time, I can consider to bring my family along, especially my mum. Now that she can't walk for long so Batam short trip is more suitable for her. :)
Labels: Holidays

INTRO
Another blog of mine: JanXIX
TRAVEL
Batam (23-25 Sep 06)
Taiwan (7-14 Apr 07)
Bangkok (9-12 Nov 07)
Batam (14-15 Jun 08)
Kukup (21 Sep 08)
Japan (11 - 17 May 09)
ARCHIVES
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
DESSERTS
aunty yochana
dessert magazine
indulgence after work-out
BLOGGIES
alex
crysta
crysta*cook
dan
dan_photos
dainty alley
gin*adriel*avriel
gie*jo*belle
janxix
joawen
kenneth
kityeen
samantha
thomas
